Install Completed, but interface is not accessible

Hi,

I completed the install on freebsd

pkg install mono
placed duplicati zip into opt/duplicati

I start Duplicati using the command below and the application starts but when I browse to the ip of the machine nothing loads.

/usr/local/bin/mono /opt/uplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-interface=any --webservice-password=secret_password &

Any Idea’s?

I have the firewall disabled as well.

What output do you get if you start the server in the foreground? Any useful output indicating that the service has properly started?

@warllo, you should also check if http://localhost:8200/ works.

If not, then Duplicati likely isn’t even running correctly and that needs to be addressed first.

If it is working, then something is likely going wrong with the --webservice-interface parameter or firewall settings.

Also, when you “browse to the ip of the machine” are you doing that from the same machine on which Duplicati is running or from a different machine (meaning there could be multiple firewalls involved)?

@Pectojin

Here is the results of a manual startup, appears to be successful:

root@Duplicati:~ # /usr/local/bin/mono /opt/duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-interface=any &
[1] 339

@JonMikelV I’m running this on headless-box and unfortunately I don’t have a browser.

The ampersand & at the end of the command forces the process to start in the background hiding all output. This severely limits troubleshooting :slight_smile:

Would this not work?

/usr/local/bin/mono /opt/duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-interface=any > Duplicati.log 2>&1 &

I think background output from either stdout or stderr flows to the tty, but if you have “stty tostop” it stops you. Shell job control commands vary (as do redirect ways), but “jobs” might show if the job had stopped, and “fg” might have returned it to the foreground, as if the ampersand was not used (a test we’re still waiting to hear).

Assuming things got started (including assuming the “/opt/uplicati” typo in the original wasn’t actually the run) then “netstat -a” to look for a LISTEN on port 8200 on the “*” interface would be good, then poking with telnet might come next, e.g. “telnet 127.0.0.1 8200” from FreeBSD, then try the external IP, then try from elsewhere. Even Windows comes with telnet, and I think the usual escape from any of them is Control-] followed by “quit”.

Not that it applies to this specific issue, but while Windows comes with telnet available, in my experience I’ve had to go into “Windows Features” and enable it. :frowning:

@Pectojin
@JonMikelV
I was able to run it without the & and this is what I received.

root@DupTest:~ # /usr/local/bin/mono /opt/duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-interface=any --webservice-password=secret_password
/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so: Undefined symbol “fdatasync”

It appears to be an issue with the sqlite package on you system.

There are a couple of helpful posts on BSD/freenas forums but essentially it looks like you need a newer version sqlite

1 Like

@Pectojin

Thank you so much for the help. I finally have this working.

A few things to note for others.

Freebsd version 11.1 was the ticket along with installing the monodeveloper version.

Thank you very much for you help!

1 Like

@warllo I’m glad you got your system working. Its history isn’t clear, but here are some ideas for the future.

FreeBSD 11.1 added fdatasync. Your sqlite was too new for your old version. Is your package repo set well?
I’m not a FreeBSD versioning and upgrades expert, but I’ll point to some advice to avoid issues in the future:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2017-August/278399.html

https://glasz.org/sheeplog/2017/02/freebsd-usrlocalliblibpkgso3-undefined-symbol-utimensat.html

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/bit-confused-about-current-binary-packages.64092

2 Likes