How to restore a single folder via CLI?

Correct you are, by adding --no-encryption=true it proceeds without asking for a passphrase.

Getting a bit off topic here but…

I’m not sure why, but many people (myself included) seem to have the impression when starting with Duplicati that the CLI and GUI are inter-connected. I 100% expected that I should be able do something like Duplicati.CommandLine.exe backup "Job Name" that would launch an already defined GUI backup job with all of it’s defined options/source selection from the CLI but as far as I know, this cannot be done as is.

My powershell script gets around this for the most part by running the GUI jobs directly, it’s not perfect either but at least I can now walk a user through making a source selection/option change in the GUI with ease.

Prior to building that PS script I was going trying to schedule/batch CLI jobs at night and have users check the status in the GUI which in retrospect is doable but I’m still left with manually defined source/options for each script and knowing that 99% of users won’t know how/want to modify the script (even with written instructions) or if they did, would still manage to muck it up somehow, so for me mixing the CLI and GUI even with a --dbpath won’t really work out.

So for the above reasons I mentioned the disconnect between the CLI and the GUI.

1 Like