How to configure automatic email notifications via gmail for every backup job

Good to hear that solved the problem. I’ll updated the docs to mention the “dash problem.”

Check the displaymessages=, displaywarnings=, and displayerrors= options in the [report] section of the .rc file. If any of those are set to “false” they won’t show up in the report.

Pushed this fix up to GitHub as part of the pre_prod branch.

Hi, I don´t read anything about configuring email notifications if we have 2fa in our gmail accounts.

I try it with this fantastic thread, and it works. Maybe most of you have a gmail account with 2fa and know how to configure it.

We have to create a new password application in our account preferences and paste it in --send-mail-password=your_application_password instead of your normal password.

hola buena tarde, manejo un proxy en mi empresa y cuando esta activo el proxy no me envía las notificaciones, de lo contrario me funciona perfectamente, ¿alguien le ha pasado? gracias

Gmail will disable connections with password (insecure programs) the only way to send an email via gmail will be with Oauth 2.0 this implies that --send-mail will no longer work with gmail addresses. is there a plan to improve --send-mail to integrate OAuth2.0 authentication
Thank you.

Gmail will disable access to unsecure programs was posted as a new topic a few minutes after above. Probably best to continue there to figure out what’s up (reply made, awaiting reply) than continue here.

Crossposted from the other thread:

Fairly sure this is a non-issue. The notice is about “account access”, not email send authentication. This quote directly from the original Google notification:

No change is required for scanners or other devices using simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP) or LSAs to send emails.

Further, if the receiving account is Gmail or GSuite, you don’t need to authenticate at all.

• I got the same problem at first, but it then worked for me when i changed that line by [–send-mail-from=your_sending_gmail_username@gmail.com] like @paglino said.

• Another thing is that putting the gmail account password wouldn’t work anymore, instead you must generate an Application Pass

Finally i wanted to thank you so much because i saved a lot of time and solved a lot of issues because of the text configuration you have provided

please keep sharing and helping us in the community
we need this inspiration from such experienced people like you @Marc_Aronson