Gui restore works, commandline doesn't

I completely agree that trying to force the square-peg-of-windows command parsing into the round-hole-of-linux may be a fool’s errand and I’m sure that in some bash manual I’ve long ago forgotten about, these differences were explained. But I’ll see what I can piece together and submit to github issues.

This whole exercise has been trying to do a full verify from my local server, rather than over the network. I have it mostly figured out.

When the ‘test’ command goes and grabs a random database: I think I’ve tracked that back to when I first started using duplicati and was NOT using the server install. When I transitioned over to server with the help of some excellent articles (Migrating from User to Service install on Windows)

the database moved from c:\users\xyz\appdata\local\duplicati\ to \programdata\duplicati\data

However, what got left behind was the duplicati-server.sqlite in the old appdata location. For some reason the ‘test’ CLI command accesses that old location for a dbpath (maybe the default built-in to the code?), hence the error. Running ‘test’ from the GUI does not make the same mistake.

Thanks again

Rick