FTP delete not atomic / verified / transactional (?)

I agree, but let me quote myself from yesterday…

The posts are repeating and going in circles. One major block of dialog was from August 2021 above.
I’m not going to post the whole enormous conversation again, but I’ll make a couple of points instead.

If anyone wants a random kill tester to try, you’re welcome to my perl script which uses taskkill /f.
This is part of the “test” work where I keep asking for volunteers (also developers, writers, and more).
The theory is that testing is more easily done by less experienced people, who learn as they do tests.

The goal is to run with enough logging and debugging so as to figure out a step-by-step for developer investigation (file an issue on it, with steps). Then we need more developers capable of coding the fix.
This has been a gap lately. My own well-described interrupted compact issue is not fixed in two years.

Duplicati is a community effort, reliant on volunteers for all of its improvements, and its very existence.
Anybody should be capable of doing something positive, even if it’s occasional forum help. Please do.

1 Like