Found 3 remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair

Hi, I restarted a backup HDD to HDD, which I cancelled via GUI yesterday. It does not continue. What can I do? Start from scratch would be inconvenient, because it already took some hours to backup… 2 tries, different messages. Latest .17 Canary:

System.OverflowException: Das Negieren des minimalen Wertes einer Ergänzungszahl ist unzulässig. bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend, String path, FileAttributes attributes) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter) bei Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

Fatal error Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Found 3 remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile) bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)

Will try to delete+repair db, which hopefully will not take hours.

Well, it restarted. But somewhat didn’t recognize the remotely residing 500 GB. It’s a Terabyte backup and after db repair it said “1 TB to go”. I had to start from scratch. What I learned is, stopping the backup (not “stop after upload”) may be a problem. Or it was the price of Canary.

The “to go” count is files to be checked for changes, not files to be backed up so it probably hasn’t started over like it might appear.

The “Found n files that are not recorded in local storage” error could mean something didn’t get saved to the local database (hence the “run repair”) command but as you’re backing up to a local HDD it’s more likely that some files not related to this Duplicati job got saved in the destination folder.

If you still have access to the errors in your logs, knowing which files it was complaining about might help determine which scenario you’re seeing.