Fix corrupted index files and malformed database disk image

Okay first off, nice job on the formatting!

Had it worked fine I don’t think you be here with all of these nice details… anyway I’m thinking this is the root of your issue.

How and why are you backing up the DB in the first place?

The DB can be recreated directly from the backup data and generally isn’t worth backing up. Sure you can but consider the following.

If included in the job that defines it, it would be at best -1 versions behind (thus kinda broken) or possibly just straight up broken/incomplete if it’s being backed up while in use without an open file handler.

If you wanted to backup the DB you’ll need to do it outside of Duplicati, or at least outside of the job that owns it. Using the Scripting Options with a --run-script-after could be one way to try and do it but you’ll still need write the script that does the copying of the DB to your storage location post backup.

At this point I’m not sure if all of the other steps performed will have committed you to “07/25/2022” or if you can still get back to “08/03/2022”. If the backup files themselves have not been modified then I’d just delete and recreate the DB from the backup files and that should fix things.

1 Like