First Backup fails "uplaoded with size 0 but should be..."

Thanks for the suggestions @ts678 !

Did you find a file of that name? If so, what size is it? I think this is saying it’s 0 and should be 23 GB, which I’d call way too large for reasonable performance, but you did say you you were testing 50 GB.

I do see that file in pCloud and it has a size of 22GB reported by pCloud, which is about right (although not the exact size Duplicati is looking for, but close. That could just be the way pCloud is displaying file sizes in the UI I suppose).

I tried with the default 50mb dblock settings initially and got the same issue, then I tried 500mb and then 50gb. Same every time. I was trying to rule out it being an issue with too many files listed on pCloud as the source is a lot of small files.

WebDAV, pCloud, Duplicati is a recent case where pCloud WebDAV broke then they fixed something. Whether or not this is relevant here is unknown, but signs seem to point to upload/download issues…

I read through that but it seems to be a different issue - I can connect to pcloud fine and files get written fine. That OP had issues getting any connection at all.

would be a download issue, probably during Verifying backend files where something verified wrong.
Given the Warning above it talking about length and hash, I’d guess it’s an empty file. Can you look?

As above, the file is there on pCloud with the roughly correct file size, so something appears amis if duplicati thinks it’s an empty file.

For any future tests, it might be useful to back the remote volume size down, and watch live log from some subset of the 30 GB. About → Show log → Live → Retry should give more info on any errors.

I’m going to try this today.

Thanks for the pointers!