Fatal error: Detected non-empty blocksets with no associated blocks

Thanks for the close reading. They originally looked more like leads than definite, but any leads are good.

• “stop immediately” here as one of a chain of actions that preceded the problem. It might be a clue.

• “hibernate or whatever” mentioned too as “shouldn’t break it either”, probably referring to post here.

Stop has been a trouble spot that got worse in 2.0.4.5, with some pushing for fix underway. Work is here. Interestingly an opening comment talks about it removing the stop button until corruption issues get fixed, however that corruption (at least based on the work at the bottom) was “Unexpected difference in fileset”.

It would be very helpful if you could play with it, using pathnames you don’t mind revealing, and a storage type that is very available. I usually like local file for that reason, but possibly the issue is storage-specific.
Possibly it’s also Duplicati version-specific. I did do quite a bit of stopping and sleeping but didn’t get this.

If you can get sure-fire test steps, logs become less important, but the most you can get is the following:

These go well with database bug reports which attempt to sanitize pathnames against ordinary browsers. Going past 2.0.4.5 will hit a regression though. It forgot to sanitize a new table. Use non-sensitive paths…

If you really want to get into it (and if not, a developer may), to debug issues that might have been caused awhile before the symptom showed up, sometimes keeping a trail of recent database content is valuable. Here is a script that I used while solving “Unexpected difference in fileset” test case and code clue #3800.

@herbert actually volunteered debug help earlier (thanks!) but the problem appeared more vague then. Running heavy debugs all the time gets painful. It’s a little easier if one has an idea on how to start debug. Sorry about the earlier non-response, but anybody who wants to jump into these steps is welcome to join.

Thanks, and I hope you can nail it with something anyone can do. If you get there, feel free to file an issue which is officially the tracking system (support requests are too numerous and have no tracking method).

1 Like