"Failed: Unexpected number of remote volumes detected: 0!"

I’m getting this once in a while during backups to a local NAS.
Edit: Now the exact backup job copy to a remote NAS has the same “hickup”. So it has nothing to do with location local or remote… hmm.

The backup is running every 4 hours and this error pops up every now and then (sometimes once a day, sometime twice).
It seems to pop up during the backup and the backup seems not to be finished sucessfully.
I found another topic for this, but the details are different…

Oh, and i get this only during this particular backup. 3 others (same destination NAS, other folder) are running fine.

Can anyone shed a light on the meaning of this?

Failed: Unexpected number of remote volumes detected: 0!
Details: System.Exception: Unexpected number of remote volumes detected: 0!
bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.UpdateRemoteVolume(String name, RemoteVolumeState state, Int64 size, String hash, Boolean suppressCleanup, TimeSpan deleteGraceTime, IDbTransaction transaction)
bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.UpdateRemoteVolume(String name, RemoteVolumeState state, Int64 size, String hash, Boolean suppressCleanup, IDbTransaction transaction)
bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FinalizeRemoteVolumes(BackendManager backend)
bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String sources, IFilter filter)
bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.b__0(BackupResults result)
bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)

PS: hope i did format the output right? :wink:

No one? :slight_smile:

I believe the “UpdateRemoteVolume” step in this case is validating that everything Duplicati thinks it uploaded during the job run is really at the destination.

There might be another log entry near the error you posted that indicates the specific file it was attempting to check when the error occurred. If so, try manually checking the destination to see if the file is there.

Assuming it is then this issue is probably related to Duplicati asking the destination for file information before the file is done being processed there.

Also, if you can find the specific file being complained about try to check if it’s the same file every run (I suspect it will NOT be).

Ok, i will log the job to a file and look into it. :wink: