Failed : Access to path

Failed: Access to the path '\\server\shared folder\folder\folder\duplicati-b53d4566bd7fb48fabe7ab8536d28dc34.dblock.zip.aes' is denied.
Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ''\\server\shared folder\folder\folder\duplicati-b53d4566bd7fb48fabe7ab8536d28dc34.dblock.zip.aes' is denied.
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.WaitForComplete(LocalDatabase db, IDbTransaction transation)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)

On beta
Destination shared server folder

Are you running as a service? If so my first guess would be that you’re running as a service under an account that doesn’t have access to your defined destination folder.

I assume you can browse to the destination folder just fine when logged in…

Yes it’s running as service
I have saved the credentials in the config Test Connection says it worked.

The fact is I downgraded from canary to beta because of some bugs that made my backups fail.

Yeah - now that I re-read the error message that makes sense. If it was a general permissions issue you wouldn’t even be able to get the file listing to be able to report on a specific file not having access.

I have a few more questions to try and narrow things down:

1. Did this error suddenly start happening “for no reason” or do you recall something else changing on your system (switch to service, downgrade, etc.) just before it happened?

2. Does it happen with every run and is it always the same file being complained about?

3. Have you rebooted since the error started happening (not that I’m suggesting that as a “fix”)?

At the moment I’m trying to figure out WHY we can’t get to the file (maybe another Duplicati job has it open? perhaps that one file has had it’s permissions changed?) - then we can hopefully figure out what caused this to start in the frist place.

I have a similar problem, uninstall old duplicati and install the latest version later when importing a backup configuration file, duplicati no longer access a configured network folder. I can not access a connected network folder either when creating a new backup.

keez-z’s response to your duplicate post in the other topic should help you out. Please note that there’s no need to cross post.

https://forum.duplicati.com/t/duplicati-windowsservice-exe-error/1145/18

This topic was automatically closed after 34 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.