Extract Backup Job Info from Database/Command Line?

I have 11 backup jobs running on 8 different machines, and my users occasionally like to fiddle with the job settings or I update them and forget to extract the settings and store them for backup purposes (yes, I see the irony there :slight_smile:). That being the case, Iā€™d like to be able to extract all the current job configuration from all the systems (ideally from a remote location) for backup storage. Does Duplicati provide a simple way to do this, either from the command line or through some Sqlite-fu?

Thatā€™s an interesting question - are you thinking of using --run-script-before to export the backup job to a .json file which is then included in the backup? :crazy_face:

@JonMikelV, not sure what Iā€™m thinking just yet. Just had an idea and searching for possible ways to go about it. Your approach sounds interesting, but that would mean including the ā€œrun-beforeā€ script on every system. Iā€™ll have to think that one through and do some testing. Thanks!

I suppose you could always make an official request for something like a checkbox to ā€œinclude current job export on destination with each backup runā€ā€¦

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: 5 thumbs up for this!

Would be cool to have a ā€˜saveā€™-hook to have custom script run on saving the job definition.
Automatically extracting it and then commit it to a git repo.