Exclamation Mark on All Source Folders

06/05/23: Here’s what has transpired since my last post.

Ran “accesschk64.exe” from sysinternals against the C:\ drive. Results show RW permissions on the folder(s) in question as the SYSTEM user. I then ran this against the subfolders in question and again I got the same RW result.

Process monitor does not show access denied in any scenario that I could try.

This is a fresh install of the operating system following a hard drive failure. I have replaced it with a Samsung EVO SSD. Haven’t had an issue with anything else on this machine so I highly doubt hardware or the main board is the culprit. Also FWIW the D:\ drive is the original enterprise Seagate traditional HDD (7200 RPM) and this drive has permission issues in Duplicati as well. Yellow triangle.

" Can’t access some folders, despite service running as system user" This guy is making files with admin permissions only and not the system user so that really doesn’t apply. My files have the system user as full access. Verified by Windows effective access.

Here’s what I can say for sure. I have recreated the Windows environment in a VM outside this server and duplicated the entire setup. I cannot get the VM to fail like on the actual machine when using Duplicati. Unfortunately I cannot just walk in and wipe this server as much as I would like to. It’s running several Virtual Machines under Hyper-V 24/7.

Initial setup of the job in Duplicati shows no yellow triangle. Do a dry run and it shows no errors but if you go back in and edit the job, now you can see the yellow triangle on any folder.

**Here’s something interesting. Upgraded from 2.0.6.3 (2.0.6.3_beta_2021-06-17) to 2.0.7.1 (2.0.7.1_beta_2023-05-25) and now backups to the S3 backend are completing and not hanging up on this machine. However the folders still show a yellow triangle under on the folders.

EDIT: On 06/07/23 the yellow triangles are gone when I go back in and look at the source folders. No clue what’s going on but it appears to be working now. Backing up Hyper-V machines at the moment. Time will tell.