Error/Warnings while accessing .sqlite-wal

Running on Ubuntu 18.04
You are currently running Duplicati - 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18

Consistently getting the following warnings:

* 2021-04-30 03:10:26 +02 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /home/liam/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox/ffg89y0r.default/storage/default/moz-extension+++4047ac9a-492c-4403-a1e3-792c76de295b/idb/1633265821agnntiiktcra.sqlite-wal
* 2021-04-30 03:10:26 +02 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-PathProcessingError]: Failed to process path: /home/liam/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox/ffg89y0r.default/storage/default/moz-extension+++4047ac9a-492c-4403-a1e3-792c76de295b/idb/1633265821agnntiiktcra.sqlite-wal

I have tried to filter out files ending in sqlite-wal, but that has no effect. I still get the warnings.
I’m not worried about backing up these files, so I’m okay simply suppressing the warnings.

There’s a bug in 2.0.5.1’s filter builder, so it’s possible your attempt at filtering them out didn’t work due to that bug.

Go to the Source Data config of your backup job and click the 3-dot menu to the right of the Filters section and pick “Edit as Text”.

A filter like this should exclude all sqlite-wal files:

-[.*\.sqlite-wal]

(Don’t switch back to “Edit as list” as it can foul up the filter.) Click Next a couple times and Save your backup job, then try the backup again.

Thanks! Looks like that worked. :grinning:

1 Like

After updating Duplicati to latest version, behavior has reverted to previous.
None of the filters appears to work.

-*.sqlite-wal
-[.*.sqlite-wal$]
-[.*\.sqlite-wal]

This remains a bug.

Do you mean it broke without you doing any changes or you’re testing the fix?

The previous bug had nonworking translations from Edit as list to Edit as text.

2.0.6.1 seems to handle these well enough to filter out Firefox .sqlite-wal files:

Exclude files whose names contain .sqlite-wal which makes -[.*.sqlite-wal[^\/]*]
Exclude expression *.sqlite-wal which makes -*.sqlite-wal
Exclude regular expression .*\.sqlite-wal which makes -[.*\.sqlite-wal]

All three work for me in Edit as text. Don’t use them in an Edit as list.
Filters explains filter syntax, but it can get complex. Do you have any others?
Sometimes interaction between includes and excludes can get complicated.