Error exist when trying to restore file

Hi, everyone. I am new to this forum. Currently I am looking for a solution of backup data to a untrust server (my friend’s server). I want to use duplicati to encryot the data and send to that server.

To confirm the process, I try to create a folder send and a folder 02. send is the source folder and 02 is the receive folder.

I try to delete some data in send and restore the data but it shows the following warning.

• 2021-11-06 07:23:57 +09 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RestoreHandler-MetadataWriteFailed]: Failed to apply metadata to file: “T:\Send”, message: The process cannot access the file ‘\?\T:\Send’ because it is being used by another process.
  • 2021-11-06 07:23:57 +09 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RestoreHandler-NoFilesRestored]: Restore completed without errors but no files were restored

It is strange that the data are restored. How to solve the problem? or it is not a problem and I can ignore it?

Thank you.

I opened an issue in Warning exist when trying to restore file · Issue #4635 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub

The first bullet point can happen when you have the destination folder open in Explorer (or some other application) at the time you do the restore.

The second bullet point usually happens if the file you selected to restore already exists in the destination. Are you sure you deleted the file before you performed the restore?

The first point should be the indicated in the github issue.

For the second point, I expect that it will overwrite the existing file but actually duplicati compare the existing file and the backup file first and decide not to overwrite the same existing file. Do I understand it correctly?

That’s correct. If the file already exists and the metadata matches, it won’t overwrite the file (even if you have the ‘overwrite’ option selected). Duplicati knows it would be pointless to do the restore.