Empty files fail to backup with 'FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed' Warning

I’m a new user of duplicati, really like it so far, but keep getting these warnings.

I’m backing up My User/Documents folder to an external drive. The backup succeeds but with 63 warnings. They all look like this:
[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Projects\Beeline\ble-comms\node_modules\npmconf\node_modules.bin\semver

The files have in common that they are 0KB in size. But I can go in and delete or copy them without problem using explorer.

I tried running Duplicati from the Tray Icon as Administrator and that didn’t make a difference. Any ideas?

Also, now that I’ve ticked the run as administrator box in the compatibility settings it doesn’t start when I log in any more, is there any way around this? Or should I just go back to run it as my user account which has admin priviliges.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum @maximundus

It repeats exactly? If it gives a different path, can you show others so that maybe a pattern can be found?

You can also get more on the complaint in About → Show log → Live → Warning. Might need to click line.

I think Windows is going to insist you answer a UAC prompt. You can use a desktop shortcut and answer.

The user account has potential admin privileges, but they’re not in effect until you answer the UAC prompt.

We don’t know the issue yet anyway. You can certainly right-click the file and see what Security it has on it.