Duplicati might have deleted files it shouldn't have?

From the log it seems that you were probably running compact operation (oh, you said it later)? If that is aborted, things will break, as I’ve posted here: FTP delete not atomic / verified / transactional (?)

Might be related, might not. But based on your description, it seems pretty familiar to me. Actually I should fix the topic, the problem has nothing to do with FTP. It’s general flaw. → Let’s see if I can update it.

With most of encrypted & replicated transports / storage, true corruption is very unlikely. But sure, it can happen. Yet the problems I’ve seeing are systemic issues.

If you want to know about corrupted blocks sooner, I would recommend running test. But technically when compact messes up, it’s not corruption / back-end issue at all.

Just as warning. Test with local database, doesn’t always reveal problems. You’ll need to do clean restore, and it might reveal many problems which test didn’t reveal.

As example broken file might be something like compaction running non-transactionally, it upload some file partially and fails. There should be cleanup for such process, just like file system journal recovery, but that never happens. I don’t know why. But it seems like systemic problem.

With this light analysis I can’t say it would be your case. But I’ve clearly reported those two cases and confirmed that those happen over and over again. Afaik, current version doesn’t remedy those problems.

1 Like