Duplicati.com down 01/16/23?

Saw an error in duplicati about the updater failing which prompted me to check the website. Appears to be down at the moment.

duplicati.com appears to be down.

Log:
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)

Sent a PM to the administrator. Oddly, updater is not complaining for me, and web site is slightly there however not up enough to do anything useful. Digital Ocean is not reporting any general outages now.

still down. I had seen this a few days ago but it did come back after 1 or 2 hours but now it has already been longer.
The doc site is gone as well. Thankfully the OAuth site (https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com) is distinct and is still working.

Thanks for reporting this. It has been up/down for a week or so, but now it collapsed.
I will migrate to a new server ASAP.

Yes, that was designed with high availability in mind, where the others are more cost-focused solutions.

Restarted the server, and now it responds again. Will do the migration more slowly now.

2 Likes

That’s weird. I think it’s an entirely different large-scale hosting infrastructure, per readthedocs.io.
Regardless, seems fine here now, and I’m not sure what it was doing before.

Sure but probably the web server on duplicati.com is doing the redirection to readthedocs.io, so accessing the canonical URL docs.duplicati.com is not working. If I had used

it would have worked obviously.

Yes, there is a small redirect there to readthedocs.

Migration to a new server is now completed. Will be a bit wonky until the DNS is flushed everywhere and then I close the old server.

1 Like