Duplicati 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 fails to complete first backup

I’ve been trying to use Duplicati (MacOS Mojave 10.14.2, 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28) to make a backup of about 3.5TB. The source is a RAID thunderbolt array, the destination is a USB-connected 10TB SATA disk (trying to do the first backup locally, and then transport the 10TB disk to a remote server and do all future [incremental] backups to that off-site server).

The backup takes several days to complete, but it eventually backs up all files – and then errors out. I.e., when it finshed backing up all (or nearly all?) files, there was a red error box on the Duplicati home page about there being unclaimed files on the remote system… or something like that. I unfortunately did not screen capture the message. :frowning:

The kicker is that Duplicati still says “Last successful backup: Never” for this backup.

That being said, on the 10TB drive, I see 138,132 *.aes files.

There are no errors shown in the Duplicati backup log, but I do notice that the very last file was put about an hour after the previous file:

Dec 19, 2018 1:15 PM: put duplicati-bd00aac9a48a2490da9160ffce13d9b8e.dblock.zip.aes
Dec 19, 2018 12:04 PM: put duplicati-ic495f6f83dd94c7291a50a9b0d1bff82.dindex.zip.aes

which is odd, because all previous “puts” were pretty much one after the other (i.e., many per minute).

I tried to “Create error report…” but Duplicati simply displays “Creating bug report…” for hours in the top banner, and nothing seems to happen.

Are there known issues with creating very large backups (on the order of ~3.5TB) and Duplicati 2.0.x?

I have a similar issue on macOS: no error messages shown. Error while running backup, but where are the logs?

Duplicati censors data in the backup db before dumping it, since the backup is quite large it is expected to take a long time.

I’ve heard about performance issues on large backups, not that they usually error out. If you go to “Show logs” does anything show there? Apparently not, I didn’t read that part.

Viewing the log files of a backup job is where the “Show” button tends to go. If nothing there, try the other.

Viewing the Duplicati Server Logs is a place that possibly captured it. Also check emails, if you set any up.

Ah. Here’s some server logs – but there’s very little detail:

Dec 19, 2018 4:40 PM: Failed while executing "List" with id: 10
Dec 19, 2018 4:40 PM: Request for http://localhost:8200/api/v1/backup/10/filesets gave error
Dec 19, 2018 4:40 PM: Reporting error gave error
Dec 19, 2018 1:15 PM: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 10

These timestamps correspond with the end of my backup. But it doesn’t say what exactly happened. :frowning:

I have this issue also. It’s very unfortunate because I uploaded a 130 GB backup, which took no small amount of time, and I see all the big aes files on the destination, yet locally it says “never” backed up. Similar error: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 1.