Duplicate default option error

Welcome to the forum @Steven_Hespelt

Ignore file like .gitignore is one of the longer feature request discussions, and links to several other ones. Because there’s a very large backlog, with work limited by volunteer resources, let’s look for alternatives.

The need for multiple –exclude options can be avoided by letting regular expressions get the alternatives.
Inside parentheses, vertical bars represent “alternation”, so -[\.(gif|jpg|png)$] might exclude those images.

Filters discusses what you’re trying to do. The square braces indicate regular expression. “-” is --exclude.
The plus and minus are (I think) mainly applicable to cases that put all filters on a single line, for example:

or –parameters-file

You cannot specify filters in both the file and on the commandline. Instead, you can use the special --replace-filter , --append-filter , or --prepend-filter options to specify filters inside the parameter file. Each filter must be prefixed with either a + or a - , and multiple filters must be joined with ; .

http://regexstorm.net/tester is one place to test regular expressions for .NET (other flavors are similar).

You can maybe set up Settings with a –run-script-before or –parameters-file to filter in all your backups.

Another option, depending on how you create jobs, is to have a template backup job that you import and customize. Standard things might include your destination setup, authentication, password, AND filters.

Beyond the regular expression alternation idea, I’m not sure how much of this is tested to see if it works.

I suspect the following code is what complains, but my JavaScript isn’t good enough to suggest change:

You could possibly file an issue about the error, but issues are backlogged as well, so it may take awhile. Personally, I’m also not sure why Settings doesn’t have --exclude and --include on the dropdown, but my attempt to look through the JavaScript seemed to show that they’re done differently from regular options.