Download page saying 'Bad gateway'

Since yesterday, if not earlier, any attempt to download from Duplicati just gives the message ‘502 Bad gateway’.

Is this software still available?

See Download links not working anymore for discussion on this topic.

Thank you for that. I see the last message in that thread, from 12 days ago, said ‘It should be fixed now’. It seems not.

Read the discussion, and you find answer to your question.

My last comment was not a question.

1 Like

It seems to be only partially working now. It’s working well enough that the download page links point to updates.duplicati.com (sometimes), but not well enough that files actually get served by update server.

Above is Firefox, but on Chrome there is also a slightly-more-than-5-second delay before the 502 error.

Below error is also somewhat intermittent:

C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\duplicati-2.0.4.22_canary_2019-06-30>Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.exe check
Error detected: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)
Error detected: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'alt.updates.duplicati.com'
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)
No updates found

C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\duplicati-2.0.4.22_canary_2019-06-30>

Although this probably breaks Duplicati’s built-in autoupdater, workaround for manual downloads is to use:

image at bottom of page. The latest versions are there too.

If you hover over a download link at the top of the page, there’s also a chance it already points to GitHub…

Notifying @kenkendk

Seems to be working again since an update server restart:

Sampled several OS downloads in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.
Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.exe check also seems sound.

Thanks for the restart! Hoping for long-term fix, in long term.

The auto-updater for the 2.0.4.22 canary (which i’m just getting to) currently does nothing after clicking either “download now” or “install” – does this mean that the server issues aren’t altogether fixed?

Seemingly. The most recent not-exactly-a-fix was a restart about two days ago, which has now sunken to:

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.exe check
Error detected: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
Error detected: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'alt.updates.duplicati.com'
No updates found

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>

but at least it’s failing hard enough at the moment that manual download page switches over to GitHub…

which doesn’t help the program autoupdate. I’m not sure exactly what the URL design is (probably should snag one if update server goes half-working enough to offer non-working downloads from update server).

Updates.duplicati.com down? has an old 2.0.3.3 beta link that’s giving a 502 error for me now, so I guess:

Notifying @kenkendk and if anyone out there is good in fixing such issues for good, maybe you can PM.