Does Duplicati support create system image Windows?

Its not OpenSource but it is dirt cheap, many programmable options and rock solid. TerabyteUnlimited dot com Backup for Windows and Backup for Linux. Highly Recommend it. around 40-50 USD. It will do your incremental or differential, then let Duplicati herd it to the cloud.

Does somebody found a good solution for Windows Server? I need to backup AD, DNS and so on and Iā€™ve found that better is backup the whole system drive.
I use WBAdmin for local backup but I canā€™t upload it to cloud via Duplicati. The problem is the system image file canā€™t be read completely. Neither D2, neither my file manager or even Explorer canā€™t read it after about 70%. There is no disk problem. So I think itā€™s normal Win Serverā€™s behaviour.
Unfortunately ā€œMacrium Reflect Freeā€ canā€™t be installed on Windows Server. And CloneZilla is not for Windows at all.
May be somebody have any idea about it?

No, thatā€™s not normal. You should be able to at least read and copy all the files generated by wbadmin.

It should work to use Duplicati to get the wbadmin files transferred to cloud storage, but I fear it may not be very efficient.

It sounds like this is for a business since you are using AD. Have you considered Veeam?

1 Like

Yes for small business). I tried to use Veeam but itā€™ to difficult for me. Also it needs to install many extra programs so I started to find a new solution.

And Iā€™ve found it)) I thought the previous access error is related to increment WBAdmin backups.

I created new D2 backup for it and made before-backup-required script which runs WBAdmin SystemState to a folder. So unfortunately I couldnā€™t use my existing every-day backup by WBAdmin so I make a new one every week and put it to cloud).