Desktop.ini generates a warning log when I backup google drive folders

This is why I wanted to focus on the topic and not get lost in a filter discussion. But here we are.

If I do Exclude file of *.ini (using backticks while typing that, to reduce forum reformatting):

-*.ini

is the filter expression in Edit as text

If I do Exclude extension of ini the filter builder builds the same thing. Two ways to get that.
Duplicati does not remember the way, so on the return trip it picks one that works – the second.

There’s been talk of trying to find a way to remember the GUI dropdown choice, but remember
that whatever is devised needs to fit within the existing option system like Commandline shows.
If you have a proposal at that level, feel free to suggest how it be done. Better yet, go and do it.

If you think the code is doing something wrong, that’s why you’d look. I think some code is here.
The goal is either to do an arguably-correct (which is hard to do with the unclear rules around it)
round-trip from the stored options, or find some tolerable way to remember the actual dropdown.

Was making a reply to an earlier version of your post, which you have edited three times – so far.
Let me see if I can figure out the new addition which gives an actual case (though not very clear).

Exclude folder of folderName makes -*folderName*\ which seems a bit looser than asked.
Using Edit as list calls that Exclude directories whose names contain of folderName.
This seems a correct interpretation of the seemingly extra-loose filter string that the GUI created.
Using Edit as text to remove the extra-loose trailing * (before backslash indicating folder) got
Exclude folder of *folderName. If adding path is important to your case, please describe well.
“borked” is not an adequate description. Step by step, with details please (or maybe my test is it).

1 Like