Could not create SSL/TLS Secure Channel for OneDrive backup

I can’t get my backups to OneDrive to run any more, every time they run (manual or scheduled) I get the following message:
“The request aborted:Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.”

The ‘Test Connection’ button in the ‘Configuration’ ‘Edit…’ screen works successfully but the actual backups will not run.

I have dug the following out from a Fiddler capture:

“Message”: “The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.”,
“Exception”: “System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host\r\n at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)\r\n at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)\r\n at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend, String path, FileAttributes attributes)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String sources, IFilter filter)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.b__0(BackupResults result)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)\r\n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String inputsources, IFilter filter)\r\n at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)”,

Is this likely to be a OneDrive setting I need to update to allow Duplicati to write to it? Or do I need to set something in Duplicati?

Help appreciated!

Microsoft has discontinued the API that Duplicati uses. There is a new API (called the Graph API), which you need to use instead.

The latest canary and experimental versions of Duplicati has a new backed called OneDriveV2 which uses the new API. Unfortunately we stumbled a bit getting the beta out before the API was shut down.

I hope to release the next beta some time this week, including the new OneDrive backend.

I’ve updated to 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 and tried updating my backups to use the new API and it still fails, I’ve tried creating from scratch and I still get the following error:
(Inner Exception #1) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. —> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
The test connection works fine in the edit config screens

is it possible duplicati is still trying to use v1 of the API? I’ve noticed when editting a config for a backup it often pulls in the Name from a different backup - could it be doing the same with the API when it runs?

thanks