Consistent Unexpected difference in fileset version

I see no recent note or progress on below. Disappointed because pull request was 3 days before canary.

Fix database issue where block was not recognized as being used #3801

There was a hot item to “ship”. The documented change in 2.0.4.20 is Amazon Cloud Drive loss warning. Experimental yesterday is basically that canary, so maybe we see Duplicati breaking for 9 more months?

This change could be considered a fix to core logic, and possibly people are cautious about putting it in… Things are definitely broken at the moment, but it’s important to be very sure the cure causes no troubles. Ordinarily that’s what canary is for, however canary during lead-up to a beta is probably treated cautiously.

If the fix is not allowed into the beta, my plan is to patch my installation so I can get some needed stability. This can be field-patched by anyone who dares do the same, as it’s just a string edit with a debugger tool. Because many people are not willing, I’m not sure what the future will hold for this issue. I guess we’ll see.

You actually might be a good candidate to run the fix through its paces, as a test. My backups are smaller. Experimental itself could probably benefit from a workout of that size, as I’m not sure if canary sees those.