I appreciate the reply. I actually tried by IP address as you can see in my command line–I do not have internal DNS set up on my home network.
I’m using the exact same version this time, but I didn’t allow Duplicati to add a username to the bucket. And this time, Duplicati was able to connect and back up a test directory.
However, it seems that the command line exporter works inconsistently. As you see above, in my original post, it URL encoded the colon before the port number as “%3A” in the S3 URL, and also added other URL encoded characters. This time (same version of Duplicati), when I exported the command line, it didn’t even include the port number, but the other extra path elements and URL encodings didn’t occur:
"/Applications/Duplicati.app/Contents/Resources/Duplicati.CommandLine.exe" backup "s3://test1/?s3-server-name=192.168.10.9&s3-location-constraint=&s3-storage-class=&auth-username=D1WZPO4DKB83KW54J945&auth-password=2%2BitT2SYtPW8yPbszyJRBwUpoKRUY7wwJLXcjS9U&s3-ext-forcepathstyle=true"
As a further test, I added the port number without URL encoding to the command line version, and the test backup worked from the terminal.
I went back to the WebUI to edit the test backup to add further directories. When I went to the page with the custom URL the port was missing. Correcting this caused the next run to fail, and exporting the command line again showed the URL encodings and other oddities.
I can only surmise that editing an existing configuration does not working correctly. At least this can be worked around.
My personal preference would be to use plain text configuration files, but I’m probably an outlier on that point.