CheckingErrorsForIssue1400

I recently had some problems with my backup medium, therefore I decided to do a clean full backup. I exported the current configuration, deleted the .config/Duplicati folder and imported the config again, setting a new destination path.

When the backup was finished I received 2 errors and 1 warning:

Warnings: [ 2018-05-12 23:50:34 +02 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: /home/patrick/.config/Duplicati/ICYVHERFCC.sqlite-journal ] Errors: [ 2018-05-12 23:50:34 +02 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase-CheckingErrorsForIssue1400]: Checking errors, related to #1400. Unexpected result count: 0, expected 1, hash: gqLEqEvAUctStp6B3lRPjVbCzt1DPh/Vr8Wv8vs3uOA=, size: 18328, blocksetid: 23595, ix: 7, fullhash: qDaizULw0e5pbdx3Q0MZs14hqCYzJQ/Im+unM/QcI88=, fullsize: 735128, 2018-05-12 23:50:34 +02 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase-FoundIssue1400Error]: Found block with ID 50424 and hash gqLEqEvAUctStp6B3lRPjVbCzt1DPh/Vr8Wv8vs3uOA= and size 6016 ]

Googling the CheckingErrorsForIssue1400 brings only the source code throwing this Exception and checking the issue #1400 on GitHub reveils that it is possibily because files were changed during the backup process.

Nevertheless I am unsure of how Duplicati can handle this error. If I start a new backup, will this update the database or will there be reference errors when trying to restore?

Edit: I did a full backup to a new location, turned out that most of the problems were because Duplicati tried to backup its database while it was writing to it / locked, although there was an exlusion filter for this case…

Thanks
Patrick

Can you share what exclusion filter you were using that did not seem to be actually excluding the in-use .sqlite database file?

Did you put a new filter in place to resolve your issue or is it still happening?

Sorry, I dropped all the configuration and backups after this and made a completely fresh setup.

I guess it was either a regex exclude filter /home/...../.duplicatior I marked the .duplicati folder otherwise as excluded. It turned out that - as I wanted to backup other configuration files - I added an inclusion filter for all %HOME%/.* directories and files. Probably this has overridden the previous filter.

Thanks for the followup! :slight_smile: