Check rebuild DB operation progress

Yeah, the logs being logged while jobs are running is kind of a pain.

Is it running?

Have you tried using the main menu “About” → “System info” page and scrolling down to “Server state properties” where you should find the most recent commands dynamically appearing in the lastPgEvent line? That should at least confirm that the rebuild is in progress and not hung.

When will it be done?

I did a rebuild test a few months ago (My experience with Database Rebuild / Recreate) and basically found that on an 835MB sqlite database that took 42 minutes to REPAIR I had to way 4 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes for a RECREATE (and this is all via local SFTP).

If you look around you’ll see other users with week long recreate times - so yes, rebuilds / recreates are known to be slow sometimes (though we haven’t narrowed down exactly why yet).

How do I see logs while it’s running?

At present Duplicati doesn’t send much logging data to the console by default. Pretty much your only option is to start over and include the --log-file parameter (possibly with --log-level=profiling for pre-2.0.3.2 or --log-file-log-level=profiling for 2.0.3.2+) then just look at the log file.

Definitely the preferred way to go. :slight_smile: