Can't visit duplicati via IP

Hi all,

I’m using Duplicati on a NAS with Windows Server 2012 (Storage & Foundation). Unfortunately i had to reinstall the OS, and also Duplicati. Since the reinstall i can visit Duplicati when i’m logged on via Remote Desktop, but not when trying to visit the IP from my own PC. Before the reinstall it worked fine…

Does anyone have a solution for this? Maybe something with IIS? Disabling the firewall doesn’t make any changes…

Thanks in advance.

You must enable remote access in the web UI. if you log on remote desktop and go the the web UI you can enable it under settings.

I know, but the strange thing is, that it is already enabled but i still can’t visit it… I can remember me something of a “Duplicati Redirect” site with IIS before, but i’m not sure if this is the solution?

Just to double check, but you have already restarted the whole OS correct? After enabled the only time I have seen it actually enable remote access is a complete OS reboot, until then it shows as checked but not actually working. Simply closing Duplicati and restarting it has not worked for me.

Yes i’ve already restarted the OS multiple times, but it doesn’t make any difference…

I still don’t understand why this happens…
What is the procedure to install Duplicati on Windows Server? I thought it was only install the software and after that you can visit it from every device in the same network, but it seems this doesn’t happen…

Edit: A few days ago i tried to move Duplicati from user (Administrator) to “System” but that didn’t work well, so i removed Duplicati and reinstalled it, maybe something is still running on “System”? Is there a way to delete it from System?

Edit 2: I tried to visit localhost:8300 instead of localhost:8200 and i also get a Duplicati site but “Connection Lost”. Before on the :8200 page the back-ups where visible, but after i’ve visited :8300, all back-ups are gone… I hope i don’t have to reinstall the whole OS…

I’ve just removed it as service, so duplicati is not running as service anymore

Wow… A bit stupid but, it has been fixed.
Removing Duplicati as service was enough to fix this issue.

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like it was trying to run as both a user and a service, cancelling each other out.