Can I browse files in larger backups without having to restore the whole thing?

The knowledge among those who follow this forum closely is narrower than that on the whole Internet.
You could try a search engine such as Google to see what’s available, and see what people think of it.

“windows” “restore from * explorer”
“windows” “backup” “browse * explorer”
“windows” “mount a backup” “explorer”

The built-in Windows File History can do this, but it’s quite basic and was quite unreliable when I ran it.
As @xblitz notes, many backup programs use their own GUI view instead of integrating with Explorer.
This presumably gives them more freedom, e.g. some can show available versions of selected file, but Duplicati can’t. You did say “browse my data in any point of time” though, which is what Duplicati does.

Because your latest request grew wider than first “well known open source backup tools”, options grow.

Macrium Reflect Free is my image backup solution, and file restore is done by drive letter plus Explorer.
They have fancier paid versions, and you’ll probably find other commercial software with similar pricing.

If you want some newer open source, it looks like Kopia can mount a backup over WebDAV networking.
Their GUI seems rather new, and they don’t yet support VSS, so it might have problems on locked files.

covers what Duplicati can do right now, and some of the things that may happen if developers volunteer.
Duplicati is limited by volunteer resources in all areas. Anybody who is willing is encouraged to help out.

Good luck in your search. You might have to try a few to see which backup comes closest to your ideal.