Battle plan for migrating to .Net8

hey guys, a bit late to the party, but it is great to see something happening on this topic.
So I was wondering why you do need to have GUIs, tray icons and etc. Or I do understand but I do not understand why this is a priority?
Why SQLite is a priority?

I understand though that you want to still support current users and their usage but would not made more sense to change architecture a bit?
I.e. have single API serve as a server and GUI to change administration settings but actual clients to just use this API to get new info (scheduled backups start, stop, failures), send files to backup to single storage account (S3, DropBox, Mega etc) for your entire home set of devices?

That way you do not need to have one-rule-them-all deployments and update mechanisms, because each client would be updated differently (why I can’t have i.e. mobile application to manage my duplicati? do I need trayicon there?).

This way you could set up duplicati server somewhere remote and configure it there. Installation using docker should be not a problem unless someone wants to install it on Raspberry PI Zero or something similar. And clients could be custom implementations, like you can have 3rd party apps connect to your Jellyfin instance. Sometimes some people i.e. reimplement server side too (like i.e. Vaultwarden on Cloudron is Rust reimplementation of bitwarden because some people where complaining that stack is a bit too heavy). That would be better architecture, but maybe I do not know something. Ah and with docker usage on server side only it would be much easier to drop SQLite entirely and just go which something much better? Like Postgresql?