Backups suddenly failing - 4 machines now

Sorry, I mixed up my users. I had seen you had already done this series ultimately winding up with a recreate:

which means it’s probably not too extremely slow (like it is for some people). Did you save the old database? There’s enough info in it that (I think) repair can rebuild a missing remote dlist, but if database is gone and remote dlist is gone, you probably can’t get the dlist back unless somehow it’s now working right on backend. How the backup process works gets into details, but the dlist is basically a file listing plus references to data, which can be of varying age (old or new). If everything comes back together by deleting 20181122T130004Z then you lose the view of what all your files were like then. Did you survey enough to feel other files are OK?

Before deleting the file on the backend, please make sure it still looks bad. Did you ever ask Wasabi support for a personalized reply, as @wasabi-jim suggested? Maybe they can think of a way to get the file back, or possibly would want to study other files for similar problems. I’m not sure how much direct visibility they have even to file lengths to look for other file sizes suspiciously even in length in hex. Or you could offer them info.
–upload-verification-file holds file names, lengths and SHA-256 hashes for your files, but I’m not sure it runs when the backup is currently broken. If it won’t, it might still be a useful thing to have for any future problems.

If it turns out you have no old database, the problem still exists, Wasabi can’t help or explain, and you’ve got some confidence the damage is limited, then save off a just-in-case copy of the dlist, delete it, then recreate,
unless someone reading this has a better idea. I don’t know if there’s a way to preserve all of the backend in case this takes a few tries (similar idea to saving copies of the database, but takes space and provider tools) but you can, if you like, avoid actually changing things (until you see the plan) by adding a –dry-run to repair which is sometimes a little surprising in its plan, but with no local database it should just try to recreate that…

For anyone who hasn’t noticed, there’s another weird issue on Wasabi at Backup won’t complete with 2.0.4.4 resolved (perhaps dangerously) by seemingly using unencrypted HTTP. The actual cause of that is still more unclear, especially until additional reports come in pointing to some common factor to get suspicious about…