Backup warning on non existing file after purge operation

Linux openSUSE LEAP 15.2, duplicati 2.0.5.1; mono 6.8.0
A couple of days ago I did add some files from a mobile phone and among them has been a file with umlaut in it’s name. Although my file system uses utf8, Duplicati reported to have problems with this file. Either reported as “Error reported while accessing” or “Failed to process path”.

This happened on each backup run.

To avoid further irritation, each backup run is shown as “yellow”, I did rename the file. As this file was already registered in database the warnings didn’t disappear.

Then i did perform a purge operation on this specific file. Checking result with a find operation returns no matches anymore.

BUT next backup did again produce the warnings.

How is this possible? This file is neither on my local file system nor found by a Duplicati find operation!

Sample message (without timestamp and file name/path):
[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file:

and second:

[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-PathProcessingError]: Failed to process path:

Duplicati ‘find’ is a database query, so is irrelevant. For local file system, did you feed the path to ls? FileEnumerationProcess is just a filesystem tree walk similar to what the find command might do…

I’m not quite sure what log you’re in, but log-file at log-file-log-level=verbose will be a nice issue view.
If Duplicati is truly seeing a file that can’t be seen by any other tool running as same user, that’s odd.

Thanks for feedback. Sorry, did double check paths and noticed that duplicati still has an “old” path in it’s database. And this path still does exist.
The real problem seems to be that filename is encoded with iso-8859-1 instead of UTF-8. Umlaut character is therefore a single byte/character that is not valid in UTF-8.