Backup to WeDAV / Nextcloud never completes

Does that mean the backup destination? So the failures are where Nextcloud is the destination?
Nextcloud in response to its very first upload (put) request from Duplicati gives an internal error:

2021-04-09 17:52:11 +02 - [Information-Duplicati.Library.Main.BasicResults-BackendEvent]: Backend event: Put - Started: duplicati-bdd2e139aa2744116915d265416d85209.dblock.zip.aes (1,023.92 MB)
2021-04-09 17:56:24 +02 - [Retry-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader-RetryPut]: Operation Put with file duplicati-bdd2e139aa2744116915d265416d85209.dblock.zip.aes attempt 1 of 9 failed with message: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.
System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.
   bei Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.AsyncWrapper.GetResponseOrStream()
   bei Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.GetResponse()
   bei Duplicati.Library.Backend.WEBDAV.<PutAsync>d__36.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<DoPut>d__21.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<UploadFileAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
   bei Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<DoWithRetry>d__18.MoveNext()

Retries continue until exhausted, at which point the FileNotFoundException on Temp file occurs again.
I don’t have any way to force the exact error, but maybe I (or a developer) could force a similar error…

Do you have any idea why your Nextcloud is giving an internal error? It’s also taking it a lot of minutes.
Is this local or over the Internet with some speed limits? I see you have a somewhat oversized remote volume size of what looks like 1024 MB (up from 50). I wonder if the uploads timed out, causing error?

If you think it might be timing, you can lower the remote volume size back to default to see if that helps.