Backup the Backup database and some cryptic messages in my logs

About button will do You are currently running Duplicati - 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18
If you have logs emailed, you can check "Version": "2.0.5.1 (2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18)"
2.0.5.1 is a lot better at running reliably (avoids some fix pain). Old code base was 14 months old.

On a Windows service install, I think it’s guaranteed that Activate button doesn’t do the Activate.
Service restart solves that. On non-service install, Activate seems intermittent per some reports.
First problem had one attempted fix which was later removed. Second is still somewhat unknown.

I don’t know how many different jobs you set up per computer, but if it’s one or small, you can also Export To File which can encrypt it for you, and Import is easy if you ever have to start a new drive.

How to restore data and then setup backup again? was a good discussion that used a job Import. Metadata such as Last successful backup and sizes will be lost, but return on the next backup. There’s also a chance to disable scheduled jobs before Save, which may avoid some messiness…

Whether you record key data somehow, or Export jobs, or copy/backup the server DB is up to you.