Backup test errors - The file duplicati-(...).dblock.zip.aes was downloaded and had size X but the size was expected to be Y

It is edited. The LIST command did give back sizes and modification dates, but it returned all the files of the backup and I had no (obvious) way of filtering out the files that gave the problems. I edited it Excel (Calc, to be precise).

The original post, dating from August, was because of (apparent…) issues with the size of the DBLOCK files. You asked me to put on extensive logging, which I did. For some reason (I might have increased the retry count - other than that, no idea), I didn’t have any (blocking - I’ll elaborate further on that) problems after that, until last Sunday where I had these 404 errors. I reopened this forum because I thought it would give some context, that’s all :wink:

As for the size issue: I did have a look at the logs on a regular basis, and I remember it happened some times before, but then Duplicati would try to redownload the file - which solved everything. This happened on a weekly basis (not sure if it was always for size issues) but always solved after a retry. This is what I mean with “blocking” above - if Duplicati solves the issues itself by retrying the download, it doesn’t interfere with the verification process.

I’m believing more and more that it is a temporary glitch on Jottacloud site. The backup job will run again next Sunday, we’ll see what happens. If in the past I had errors, it was more often the DBLOCK ones than something else. But they are by far the biggest, so if anything goes wrong in storage or during transit, they have the biggest chance of being impacted. I didn’t give it much thought.

1 Like