Backup results in errors

Backup of windows user directory results in 3 instances in following cryptic error (in all 3 cases on a (different) LocalCache directory) :

Failed to process path: C:\Users\dejanssentjes\AppData\Local\Packages\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_mdqgnx93n4wtt\LocalCache\
Alphaleonis.Win32.Filesystem.UnrecognizedReparsePointException: I/O-fout.
  bij Alphaleonis.Win32.Filesystem.Device.GetLinkTargetInfoCore(SafeFileHandle safeHandle)
  bij Alphaleonis.Win32.Filesystem.File.GetLinkTargetInfoCore(KernelTransaction transaction, String path, PathFormat pathFormat)
  bij Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.WindowsSnapshot.GetSymlinkTarget(String file)
  bij Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend, String path, FileAttributes attributes)

Any hints?

Best guess is that the file is being deleted during the backup, causing Duplicati to attempt to read the link, only to find that it was deleted.

No, it’s not deleted. I can navigate the directory. The annoying thing is that I get the error message at every run. I can of course exclude the affected subdirectories but as it seems to indicate an issue with navigating the windows filesystem, I wanted to report it anyway.

Sorry for the delay in answering. Looks like I don’t receive notifications.

1 Like