Backend quota is close to being exceeded

I doubt it. There are about three ways to do entry, and they should be equivalent AFAIK. The format of the Commandline screen is oriented around The BACKUP command which has command line syntax:

Duplicati.CommandLine.exe backup <storage-URL> "<source-path>" [<options>]

and the source paths come from the Commandline arguments box. You need to at least clear it when source paths don’t apply, but it’s easy to just keep typing, so options there just go before other options.
Your way of Advanced options with Edit as text should be the same. You can test both if you like.

Even though my tests didn’t seem to mind quotes, I know there has been a report of quotes hurting, so maybe you could take the “Enter one argument per line without quotes” shown, and use it for your edit.

True commandline (as opposed to GUI’s Commandline) can need quotes, e.g. your --send-mail-subject with its embedded spaces would almost certainly fail on Linux (due to shell) unless it was inside quotes. Windows is different, but if you Export As Command-line you see when Duplicati chose to quote values.