B2 cannot restore database after power off

so I have no view of what happened. I guess I could have said what live log level to watch at.
Did you get any logs in the backup’s Show log list or the server’s list at About → Show log?

That’s puzzling because the final two steps were the test restore and putting settings back.
Maybe you mean you ran until the backup ended, or did you stop after Recreate or Repair?
Did you watch the progress bar for that? Was this running at about 11:45 AM? Log did say:

Oct 12, 2020 11:45 AM: The operation Repair has completed

and in far too short a time (1 hour) to have uploaded the rest of the 170 GB - 80 GB = 90 GB.
However I can’t tell if that was the Recreate button (which might call itself Repair) or backup.
One hour might be a reasonable time for Repair to run. Again – was progress bar watched?

If you never ran a backup, that would explain why there has never been a successful backup.
It seems like about half the backup ran in two days, so I expect another two days for the rest.

There may be some cases where running backup does a repair as part of its startup though.
If that ran, there would ordinarily be log messages not just about Repair ending without error.

If the Recreate ran for an hour, then the next step was to push the Run now link of the backup.
Did you ever get to anything that looked like a backup display on the home screen and status?
What happens if you Run now the backup again? See anything resembling a backup running?

If you want to keep a live log up, About → Show log → Live → Verbose might show it either
studying your source files then backing them up, or it might show some other activity instead.
About → Show log → Live → Information would be a less noisy log if you want to start there.

So I don’t know what you did and what happened. If you want to just start fresh, that’s also fine.
B2 at least won’t charge for the uploads, but you will repeat the first two days of the uploading.
The experiment was intended to try to get that data back in the database to allow continuation.

1 Like