The first beta version of dupReport 2.1 has been posted to GitHub and is ready for download and testing. Lots of great additions to this release. A few of the highlights:
- Added new reports to show backup jobs by source, destination, and run date
- Date/time format can be specified per src/dest pair, if jobs are running in different locales.
- Dates can now be displayed in 12- or 24-hour format
- Report can now use keyword substitution for subheading titles
- Reports can now be sent to one or more files in HTML, txt, or csv formats (-f command line option)
- Can prevent sending report email if only saving to output file (-x command line option)
- Option to email job warnings/errors if in collect mode (warnoncollect= .rc option)
- Column headings can be customized ([headings] section in .rc file)
- User can select which columns to display in a report ([headings] section in .rc file)
- Can specify background colors for subtitles, messages, warnings, and errors
- Database & .rc file upgrades now handled automatically
- Ability to roll back database to a specific time/date (-b option). Useful for failed runs or testing.
Full details and documentation are on the GitHub page.
If you’re upgrading from a previous version, the new program should upgrade your .rc and database files automatically, but as a caution until the final release it’s advisable to back up these files to a safe location until you’re sure everything is working properly.
Comments, suggestions, and bug reports can be made here or in the Issues section on GutHub.