After update to latest beta, backups broken

macOS: After downloading and installing the offered beta 2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14 (via the web interface), the first run of my backup says: Unexpected difference in fileset version 11: 3/25/2019 9:28:51 AM (database id: 119), found 221452 entries, but expected 221453

Repair database gave ‘1 warning’ (not shown) and doesn’t help

What now?

After ‘Recreate’, I got:
The database was attempted repaired, but the repair did not complete. This database may be incomplete and the backup process cannot continue. You may delete the local database and attempt to repair it again.

The best way to recover from this (in my experience) is to just delete the offending backup version - no need to repair or recreate the database, and you only lose that one backup version.

In the Web UI, click on the backup set and then click “Commandline…”. Choose “Delete” from the dropdown Command list. Then scroll to the bottom and from the Add Advanced Option dropdown, choose “Version”. Type in “11” then click the Run button.

Edit: By the way, it is believed that this bug has been fixed in newer versions of Duplicati - but it hasn’t made it to the Beta channel yet.

Too late, I’m afraid.

I’ll try when this second attempt at recreating has failed (some hours more).

Some ways to avoid future problems of this sort are at Help with Unexpected Difference in Fileset however you may lack logs to check unless you have some other records besides what was in DB before Recreate.

You can decide whether a fairly well proven (for a canary) 2.0.4.22 or less proven 2.0.4.28 canary, or auto-compact turn off suit you… Basically, this is an old bug that’s fixed, but getting it in a true beta’s been slow. v2.0.4.23-2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14 is just v2.0.4.5-2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 plus Amazon Drive warning.