2023 release planning

I have no concerns on the Newtonsoft security fix and bonus improvements. Please merge it.
This actually might take us up to the Beta, but after that decide what to do with other libraries.

Or maybe your “update other libraries” means a general update, with or without dependabot?
While I’d love any fixes in a new System.Data.SQLite, our encryption got removed, so issues.

For PRs from specific authors, I would suggest working with them to check status. I see some
marked draft, and for others a lot of time has passed, so maybe the PR would merit an update.

The one most up to date is mega.nz, as you just had it tested. uplink.NET PR wants 2.9.2710
however that’s now about 24 versions (wow) out of date. Take advantage of contributor advice.
Authors will probably be thrilled that their aged PR is getting love, might have test thoughts, etc.

The extensions change looks safe, the macOS fix seems to be testing well, and seems worth it.
Generally anything which recovers something that’s totally broken seems a good candidate if it
carries little risk of making other things worse. macOS I think still works if one just browses to it.
As discussed, the fix is is a different area. We’re also still working on finding pre-release testers.
Testers can also be lined up to try the Canary when it comes out. This doesn’t need coding skill.

Maybe at some point another volunteer can help with solving logistics around fixing some issue.
They could also work with PR authors, but actually it’s not so hard, especially if they’re on forum.

@albertony and @TopperDEL would you like to comment on PR commit plan here (or GitHub)?