Started second backup configuration, but initial run makes no sense to me

Glad you found us and like what you see so far!

Yep - that’s exactly what it means. You CAN share multiple back jobs in a single directory, but to do so you have to use an advanced parameter that gives each backup job files their own prefix (instead of the default “duplicati” - though it’s not recommended due to how easy it is for people to get confused. There is a discussion about adding a “hey, you’ve already got a backup going there” check when setting up a job - but I don’t think it’s been implemented yet.

The problem with a wiki is that without a guiding hand, it easily ends up being a mismash of “this is what worked for me” entries - at which point you might as well be searching a forum like this one. That being said, it’s actually possible to make posts here editable by anybody “wiki-style” (for example, I believe the “Duplicati 2 vs. Duplicacy 2” post is set up this way).

There is a documentation file in process - while it’s not “complete” (whatever that means) yet, the author is happy to have people proof read and give suggestions.

1 Like