Most cost efficient backend for about 300GB

STACK is beschikbaar in Nederland en België, vraag direct je invite aan!

That looks amazing!

Unfortunately, they don’t allow registrations from outside of Netherlands or Belgium.

1 Like

I use S3 for my backups. I would not recommend using Glacier, it is too much of a hassle. The downside to S3 is the bandwidth costs, the storage itself is fairly priced.

1 Like

Hm, fair or not, but unless I’m calculating something wrong, it’s about 23 USD per Terabyte, excluding traffic: 0.023 x 1024 = 23.55. That doesn’t sound so competitive…

I registered from Austria

But does duplicati support Stack?

1 Like

Stack is based on OwnCloud, which supports WebDAV. So choose WebDAV in Duplicati as backend and supply this information:

• Storage type: WebDAV
  • Use SSL: checked
  • Server and port: [YourUsername].stackstorage.com
  • Path on server: remote.php/webdav/Path/To/Your/Backupfiles
  • Username and password: Valid credentials for your Stack account.

I use a subaccount in Stack to store my Duplicati backups, so the backup files are stored outside the storage I use for other files.

3 Likes

Thanks

(at least 20 characters)

To say thank you, you can simply hit the :heart: button…

4 Likes

Yes, it is not the cheapest solution, but it does have great stability.

I managed to open “Mijn Account” in Stack. (Luckily Google translates Dutch quite well)

Thank you for the advice, guys!

Log on to your Stack account and click on your account name in the upper right corner. Click “Instellingen” (the gear-symbol), then click “Taal wijzigen” under “Voorkeuren”. Choose “English” to set the interface language to something you can read!.

6 Likes

And that was an excellent advice as well. :slight_smile:

You could also look into BackBlaze B2. It looks quite affordable. Given the parameters you give, you’d look at around $22/year.

10 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Does duplicati download any data?

Thanks kees-z for the tip!

I tried to follow this to change the language to English without success. The gear icon is called “Control Panel” instead of “Instellingen”. Has the page changed or am I doing in the wrong place?

It’s here:

Wild guess: are you trying to find it at TransIP | STACK - Jouw online harde schijf? If so, you use the wrong url. You can find it at https://[yourusername].stackstorage.com after loggin in.

2 Likes

Microsoft:

and Atlassian:

offer free unlimited private Git repositories.

If somebody implements Git as a Duplicati backend,
we could use them…

See also this topic:

Hey, I happened upon this thread…So you were able to get an account with “Stack?” from outside of the Netherlands? My name is ethnic Dutch, that’s about it, I live in US; but I’m liking that deal (1000 GB) and starting to feel a bit Dutch…

I like backblaze 5$ a month. They will ship you a Hard Drive overnight with your contents if you need it ASAP. You do put down a deposit for the drive, which you get back. They do offer a download service as well. I use it for about 3 TB total.

My wife corrupted her iPhoto library and I did the Hard Drive shipping thing, and it worked great.

So why am I here? I am checking Duplicati for a local backup of my 30GB on my Windows PC.