Fatal Error 2.0.2.29 "Object must be a root directory ("C:\") or a drive letter ("C")"

>     Fatal error
>     System.ArgumentException: Object must be a root directory ("C:\") or a drive letter ("C").
> 
>        at System.IO.DriveInfo..ctor(String driveName)
> 
>        at Duplicati.Library.Backend.File.GetDrive()
> 
>        at Duplicati.Library.Backend.File.get_Quota()
> 
>        at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
> 
>        at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
> 
>        at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)
> 
>        at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter)

Same error. Went back to Canary version 2.0.2.8 and all runs fine again.

This error has been mentioned in at least two other topics so you’re not alone.

Would you be able to Export your backup job “As commandline…” and paste it here (with appropriate personal stuff like username, password, etc. removed)?

I’m wondering if your source folder parameter has a single slash after “C:” as I saw from another user.

It hasn’t been made available in a release yet but it looks like there might be a fix for this issue submitted at Github.

Oh, and I’m curious whether or not adding the --quota-size= parameter gets around the issue (if you feel like testing).

NO

I Haven’t made any changes to the sources for months. It’s like F:\ (double slash)

Darn, thanks for testing that for me.

The fix is about UNC paths, like `\\server\', do you happen to have any of those?
If so, it should be fixed with the next build.

Thank you very much.